EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CANOPY TENTS & HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST ONE.
Choosing the perfect Canopy Tent is not an easy task. There are hundreds of providers and often the task of choosing which canopy is the best can become difficult. Canopies are manufactured to all different specifications for a variety of applications. In this blog I will outline 5 essential steps to help you buy the canopy tent that is right for you or your business.
1. CHOOSING THE RIGHT COMPANY
The first step in purchasing any product is to make sure you are buying from a reputable company. You need to buy they canopy tent from a company that meets the following criteria:
- Has been in the industry for many years. Older companies will have experience with their product and are likely to have far less product defects. They will also have a more experienced team that will be able to help you buy a canopy tent that is right for your needs.
- Manufacturers their own products. Purchasing straight from a manufacturer is a great way to save on costs and also assure a higher quality product. Manufacturers also enjoy a faster production time and can easy fulfil larger orders.
- Have good online reviews. Checking a company’s reviews is a great way to make sure the company is reputable. Checking product reviews and feedback will help give you feedback on the quality of the product.
2. DECIDING WHAT SIZE YOU NEED
Once you have decided which company to purchase from, the next step is to choose the size. The most popular size in the industry is a 10ft x 10ft canopy tent. This size fits most designated vendor sites and is also versatile and easy to move and assemble. Other size canopy tents are often available including 10ft x 15ft, 10ft x 20ft, 13ft x 13ft, 13ft x 26ft, 16ft x 16ft and 20ft x 20ft. Canopy Tents can also be joined together using our rain gutter system to make larger sizes.
3. DECIDING WHICH FRAME PROFILE YOU NEED
This is often the most complex decision for anyone buying a canopy tent frame. There is a huge range of canopy tent frames on the market that all have unique features. The 4 key aspects of frame profile to consider are;
- What material is the canopy frame made from? The two popular materials are steel and aluminum. Steel is the lower cost option. Aluminum will always be a better built and lighter weight product.
- What is the size and geometry of the canopy tent leg? 1.25” square legs are the default leg size and geometry in the industry. However, if you want a high quality product that will last it is recommended that you do not purchase canopy tents with a frame profile of less than 1.75”. Canopy Tents with frame profiles of 1.75” or greater have a greater resistance to bending forces in all directions.
- Does the canopy have plastic or aluminum connectors? Plastic connectors can become brittle and can be prone to cracking. Aluminum connectors are very rigid and will not break. Canopy tents with aluminum connectors have a far greater life expectancy.
- Are the feet plastic or steel? If the canopy has plastic feet, the feet may crack when the steel stakes are inserted. If the feet are steel than this certainly will not be a problem.
4. CHECKING THE QUALITY OF THE ROOF
Assuring you are purchasing a high quality roof is essential in buying a high quality product. Lower quality roofs may fade, leak or tear. For plain roofs it is recommended that you buy only canopy tents with at least a 500D PVC coated Polyester roof. This quality roof is guaranteed to not tear, fade or leak water.
5. HOW TO ADD CUSTOM PRINTING
This is often the most enjoyable part of the job because you get to see your logo and your business branded on the canopy. However, it is also important to make sure you are getting a high quality print. The two most common printing methods in the industry are screen printing and digital printing. If the job is screen printed you will need to pay for the amount of colors and the complexity of the design. If the job is digitally printed you will be able to print an unlimited amount of colors and any graphics at a fixed price. Digital printing also provide a much higher quality final product and is the only option provided by a number of canopy suppliers.
6. DOES THE CANOPY TENT HAVE A WARRANTY?
If the canopy tent is of a high quality build it will have a long warranty length. Look for canopies with extended warranties and avoid products with only a shorty warranty.
The last and easiest step in purchasing a canopy tent is choosing the accessories. Accessories are a great way to complete your recreational or business canopy. Commonly purchased accessories are;
- Plain Sidewalls
- Custom Sidewalls
- Custom Flags
- Custom Table Covers
- Canopy Tent Clip Wheels
- Weight Plates
I hope you found this step by step guide helpful. If you follow these steps I am confident you will end up with a high quality custom canopy